Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Karine
A change is coming

Sarah and Nettwerk

Post by Karine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:19 pm

From an article of the Globe and Mail:

After 23 years and countless hits, Sarah McLachlan splits from manager
Vancouver, From Tuesday's Globe and Mail Published Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2011
Sarah and Nettwerk have had an amazing 23 years with over 30 million sales and we wish her much more success,” Mr. McBride told The Globe and Mail in an e-mail late Monday. He stressed that Nettwerk is continuing to manage Ms. McLachlan’s career at this time. He would not say why their management relationship was ending.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/art ... le1907400/

What's going on? :?
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Re: Sarah and Nettwerk

Post by Empirejim » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:56 pm

We knew this from awhile ago. She still has another CD to put out because of contracts but after that she has stated that she would be going in a different direction and with Sarah, that is all good. We may still see her with Pierre Marchand and all this is good. She is not leaving us people so don't worry. ;)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Empirejim wrote:We knew this from awhile ago. She still has another CD to put out because of contracts but after that she has stated that she would be going in a different direction and with Sarah, that is all good. We may still see her with Pierre Marchand and all this is good. She is not leaving us people so don't worry. ;)
I know that we talked about this in the past, but I was "worried" about this newspaper article. Isn't it a bit early to announce it this way? ...
Karine

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:12 pm

I view it as truly excellent news, especially given the quality of the recent album. Sometimes artists will go into a new creative phase when they get to break away from management or companies they are not entirely happy with. Added to that they don't give exactly...err how shall I put this...their best, when tied down to a contract they want to put behind them. Maybe the next album will be quicker to complete the contract, then maybe she will go into a new artistic and innovative stage. This is totally out of chatacter for me - optimism, I hate it. Given the quality of the last album I am delighted at this news.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

lost_in_space82

Post by lost_in_space82 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm

TheSquirrel wrote:I view it as truly excellent news, especially given the quality of the recent album.
Same here. I think they pressured Sarah into releasing the new album, thus the poor quality of the songs (IMO).

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:25 pm

TheSquirrel wrote: This is totally out of chatacter for me - optimism, I hate it. Given the quality of the last album I am delighted at this news.
Everyone get to your bunkers!! Apocalypse!!

Anyway, Ellen found this artlcle as well
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html
McBride said in a memo to CelebrityAccess that Nettwerk will continue handling McLachlan's professional affairs "until at least the end of the month, and, maybe, beyond that."

“We continue to manage Sarah until she has selected a new manager,” McBride wrote Larry LeBlanc, senior writer of CelebrityAccess. “We are all good friends. So, it’s quite fine actually, and we remain her record label. I am quite sure folks will make it bigger news than what it really is.”

Nettwerk's history with McLachlan hit a road bump last summer when the artist tried to revive the Lilith Fair tour. The once highly popular series of concerts fizzled.
So, heat between Sarah and Terry because of Lilith and pressuring her to release the new album or are they just stirring up some rumors? It says she'll stick with releasing stuff with Nettwerk but will just be getting a new manager.
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Nettwerk is a bigger company than it was in the 90s and I doubt they can give Sarah the same attention she desveres these days.

Now if only she would leave Sony BMG....

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:23 pm

We are bound to have alot of Rumors now and each and everyone of us will speculate all the outcomes, to our hearts content. What we don't know is the truth behind all of this and for that, I guess it hurts us all. Being true Sarah fans, we want only the best for her and good quality music and I think, up untill now, we have not been let down. Some of you did not like the new CD and that is okay. I, for one, found it good and yes, it was different from her pass stuff, but hey, moving on as she does is always a surprise, right. So, whatever happens this year or at least after her present tour, will and should happen. There is always Pierre in the shadows to help Sarah out and that is what friends do. She made a song called The Waiting and that my friends, is what we will all do as time is what we have. :D

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Here's another in-depth article about the split
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html
....it’s time for a change, and I’m looking forward to exploring opportunities with new representation.”
My relationship with Sony Music and Nettwerk continues on the recorded music front and I am looking forward to my next release.

It would have been great if she decided this earlier, around the time Closer was released.. then again, we would have waited even more for Laws of Illusions to be released. Also, we might expect a new album sooner than we think, just like Empirejim said. Sounds like she still has another record agreement that needs to be fulfilled.

Ben, if Sarah leaves Sony BMG, how are you going to buy her CDs in the UK? :? They're her international distributor and nothing more, so I'm glad she still has a relationship with them. In another article I read, Nettwerk already cut their ties with Sony and made a contract agreement with Warner Music Group.
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

ecstasythrumusic
Building A Mystery

Post by ecstasythrumusic » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I knew this was coming eventually. I like the new album but was disappointed that she elected to put that cover song and the two songs from Closer. I would love it if she used outside producers but as I had asked she said what's not broke don't fix it in not so many ways. This could be a good thing.

Deb
To fall so deep into you
Lose myself completely
In your sweet embrace
All my pains erased

And your mouth is all that I wish
Mercy of your lips
Just one kiss
Until I can breathe again
Until I can sing again

‘Cause I'm a trainwreck
Waiting to happen