What's Next For Sarah

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
CarolCiola
Fallen

Re: What's Next For Sarah

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 pm

That's cool, Karine! Do you know if we can follow this kind of contest somewhere?

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:50 am

CarolCiola wrote:That's cool, Karine! Do you know if we can follow this kind of contest somewhere?
I don't think so. I believe the judges will evaluate the submissions individually. You can follow the Facebook page if you want to find out about the results.
https://www.facebook.com/InternationalS ... ition/info
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:35 pm

What's next? Sarah wrote on Twitter that she would make a big announcement: what do you think it will be? New tour dates? A live album? It's hard to wait :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:13 pm

"Shine On" is nominated for "Album of the year" at the CBC Music Awards!! :D
http://music.cbc.ca/#!/CBC-Music-Awards
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Big news (it was announced today):
Sarah McLachlan is one of five recipients of this year's Governor General's Performing Arts Awards for lifetime artistic achievement :D
http://ggpaa.ca/award-recipients.aspx?lang=en-CA

Did you know that Sarah had three honorary degree? I didn't know she received one from the Emily Carr University of Art + Design.

She talks about receiving the award here:
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/music/story/sa ... ar-AAaEfpc

Also:
She did an interview in which she talks about what she's going to do now that the tour is over. I guess there will be no more Shine On concerts... but she talks about making another Christmas record.
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/music/story/sa ... ar-AAaEd6g

Here's the interview, in case it disappears from the website:
TORONTO — After nearly a year of touring, Canadian singer-songwriter Sarah McLachlan plans to settle down for the next few years in Vancouver.

"I'm home and I'm staying home now," McLachlan, who has two daughters aged 13 and nearly 8, said in a telephone interview.

"I feel like 13 to 17 are dangerous years and I need to be home and be focused and be a mom."

McLachlan has been touring since last May for her album "Shine On," which recently got her a ninth career Juno Award.

The three-time Grammy Award winner has a couple of one-off gigs coming up in her schedule but that's it.

"I'm going to probably to put out another Christmas record at some point, so I'm going to start compiling songs for that and figure out how to produce them. But again, that's all from home," she said.

"And a Christmas record is a very short window, so even if I do go out and promote it, a tour would be like six weeks."

In the meantime, she plans to continue writing songs.

"Probably in three or four years, I'll put out another record — or maybe not," she said. "Maybe I'll just put out songs as they come. The whole thing about an album, as much as I'm old-school and love having an album, it's going the way of the dodo."

The Halifax-born chanteuse, whose 1997 album "Surfacing" went diamond in Canada, was one of several Governor General's Performing Arts Awards laureates announced on Thursday. Others include actor R.H. Thomson and filmmakers Atom Egoyan and Jean-Marc Vallee.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Well, to say that I'm gutted is a gross understatement. SMcL was about the only singer that I wanted to see, and now I see she's shutting up shop and no more tours. I knew that is should have gone to the US last year to take an early holiday and see her in concert. Back in 2004 She came to the UK to promote the "Afterglow" CD and I had the opportunity to see her in Manchester. Alas, it was my sons 21st. birthday that weekend and I felt it be nicer to celebrate with him. My thoughts were "she'll be back..." How wrong was I! To rub salt into the wound my my beloved little boy decided at the last moment to go away with his mates!! Kids.....Who'd have 'em!! I remember she was also at Glasgow and Nottingham, but there were no tickets available for either of those venues. So lesson learned, don't procrastinate!!
Not sure about another Christmas record though.

Quote "The whole thing about an album, as much as I'm old-school and love having an album, it's going the way of the dodo."
What??

Quincy

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:32 am

Quincy wrote:Well, to say that I'm gutted is a gross understatement. SMcL was about the only singer that I wanted to see, and now I see she's shutting up shop and no more tours. I knew that is should have gone to the US last year to take an early holiday and see her in concert. Back in 2004 She came to the UK to promote the "Afterglow" CD and I had the opportunity to see her in Manchester. Alas, it was my sons 21st. birthday that weekend and I felt it be nicer to celebrate with him. My thoughts were "she'll be back..." How wrong was I! To rub salt into the wound my my beloved little boy decided at the last moment to go away with his mates!! Kids.....Who'd have 'em!! I remember she was also at Glasgow and Nottingham, but there were no tickets available for either of those venues. So lesson learned, don't procrastinate!!

Quote "The whole thing about an album, as much as I'm old-school and love having an album, it's going the way of the dodo."
What??

Quincy
That's too bad :(
Now that she's less famous or popular than in the past, I'm not sure there will be any international tour for the next album...
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:09 am

[quote="Karine"][quote="Quincy"]Well, to say that I'm gutted is a gross understatement. SMcL was about the only singer that I wanted to see, and now I see she's shutting up shop and no more tours. I knew that is should have gone to the US last year to take an early holiday and see her in concert. Back in 2004 She came to the UK to promote the "Afterglow" CD and I had the opportunity to see her in Manchester. Alas, it was my sons 21st. birthday that weekend and I felt it be nicer to celebrate with him. My thoughts were "she'll be back..." How wrong was I! To rub salt into the wound my my beloved little boy decided at the last moment to go away with his mates!! Kids.....Who'd have 'em!! I remember she was also at Glasgow and Nottingham, but there were no tickets available for either of those venues. So lesson learned, don't procrastinate!!

What??

Hey, I feel your pain, Quincy. I had a feeling when I saw her last year it might be the only time. It does kind of sound like a "retirement". But really, when you were 21, did you want to hang out with your old man or with your friends? I know whom I preferred! :lol:

But keep the faith, maybe you'll have a chance sometime when she does one of those charity events or similar venues in the UK again.

And I can tell you she still sings like she was 25! :D

On the album part, I heard today that new vinyl record sales are soaring, so maybe they're not quite as extinct as we're being told. It may just be because vinyl is retro, and retro is cool, though. :mrgreen:
Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:08 pm

OK! now I see what SMcL is saying. By album, she's saying Vinyl records rather than CD's. I thought she meant records as a concept, i.e. a collection of songs on one source.
I'm old school and tend to think of albums as a collection of songs irrespective of the format, i.e. Vinyl or CD.

Should I stop at this point, or, dig my self deeper and deeper in a hole??

Q