What's Next For Sarah

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Quincy
Fallen

Re: What's Next For Sarah

Post by Quincy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Karine wrote:
Grazza215 wrote:so is "the Long Goodbye" to feature on the xmas album or is it a standalone?

(Or a new album next year 8-) )?

G
I would be really surprised if this song was going to be on the Christmas album, but maybe it'll be on her next album of original songs.
She released Shine On in 2014, she toured in Canada and in the USA in the past years (and she is touring with Josh Groban now), so I'm not expecting anything new before 2018.
C'mon Karine, be more optimistic :D . Tour of UK, or, Europe, in 2017. I may not last 'til 2018.

I like to song though. Even though I read here about her breakup, listening to the song, I would have guessed "breakup"

Q

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 am

Islandflyer wrote:I bought it last week when I saw the email. It reminds me of some of the songs on Surfacing. I like it. What do you think, Karine?
I like it and I've been listening to it a lot in the past days. I know they're different, but its rhythm reminds me of World On Fire Solarstone Afterhours Remix. My sister disagree, but the background noises sound a bit similar to me. I wish we would have the credits for this song (drums? I like them).

Quincy wrote:C'mon Karine, be more optimistic :D . Tour of UK, or, Europe, in 2017. I may not last 'til 2018.

I like to song though. Even though I read here about her breakup, listening to the song, I would have guessed "breakup"

Q
Ahahah :lol:
I hope she releases a new album soon, but when I look at the number of years between her studio recordings, I doubt it'll happen:
Afterglow in 2003
Wintersong in 2006
"U Want Me 2" and "Don't Give Up On Us" in 2008
Laws of Illusion in 2010
Shine On in 2014
"The Long Goodbye" and Wonderland in 2016
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:21 am

Karine wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:I bought it last week when I saw the email. It reminds me of some of the songs on Surfacing. I like it. What do you think, Karine?
I like it and I've been listening to it a lot in the past days. I know they're different, but its rhythm reminds me of World On Fire Solarstone Afterhours Remix. My sister disagree, but the background noises sound a bit similar to me. I wish we would have the credits for this song (drums? I like them).

Quincy wrote:C'mon Karine, be more optimistic :D . Tour of UK, or, Europe, in 2017. I may not last 'til 2018.

Q
Ahahah :lol:
I hope she releases a new album soon, but when I look at the number of years between her studio recordings, I doubt it'll happen:
Afterglow in 2003
Wintersong in 2006
"U Want Me 2" and "Don't Give Up On Us" in 2008
Laws of Illusion in 2010
Shine On in 2014
"The Long Goodbye" and Wonderland in 2016

Maybe she will be like a Mutual Fund "Past performance is no guarantee of future results" Or, a surprise is always possible. HaHa. :lol:

A "breakup" may lead to a new burst of creativity, like "paradise" wouldn't, since normality is really boring from an artist's perspective. Plus, there's the growing realization of the end being closer than the beginning that Quincy mentions (I know the feeling) which may sharpen one's insight.

I'm hoping for a new direction, like blues, which is where many of her songs would seem to fit. I was really struck by her version of Gloomy Sunday from the Solace era, for instance.
Ed

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:14 am

Karine wrote:
Karine, I got the credits right here: http://www.solaced.info/songs/original/ ... g-goodbye/
I think they were on the site Carol gave us earlier (http://www.e-onkyo.com/music/album/uml00602557126891/), so now you know :D
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks! :)
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:21 am

It's interesting to know the drummer in Long Goodbye is from the band that worked on her upcoming Xmas album :)

Also Karine, the drums remind me of the Into the West version of "World On Fire"
Just a thought, she hasn't used the word "entwined" since Solace??? Wonder if she went back to her old catalogue and rewrote some songs that describes her current love situation. Track really reminds me of that era quite a lot
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Miguel wrote:It's interesting to know the drummer in Long Goodbye is from the band that worked on her upcoming Xmas album :)

Also Karine, the drums remind me of the Into the West version of "World On Fire"
Just a thought, she hasn't used the word "entwined" since Solace??? Wonder if she went back to her old catalogue and rewrote some songs that describes her current love situation. Track really reminds me of that era quite a lot
I like the drums a lot: it's a slow song, but the percussions give a very interesting rhythm to it. I understand what you mean about this version of WOF, it's true that the drums are a bit similar.
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi everyone,
I see there may be a new, ORIGINAL album out next year. That would be nice to see. No idea when though, but if there's a tour, I'm determined to see her, where ever that is.
Still don't like Wonderland though!!

Quincy

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:23 am

Today's big news!

http://junoawards.ca/nomination/2017-ca ... mclachlan/
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) is pleased to announce that multi-platinum, award-winning singer and songwriter Sarah McLachlan will be the 2017 inductee into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. With a career that spans almost thirty years, McLachlan is one of Canada’s most celebrated and treasured artists, earning countless accolades including 10 JUNO Awards, three Grammy Awards and a Billboard Music Award.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:07 am

Karine wrote:Today's big news!

http://junoawards.ca/nomination/2017-ca ... mclachlan/
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) is pleased to announce that multi-platinum, award-winning singer and songwriter Sarah McLachlan will be the 2017 inductee into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. With a career that spans almost thirty years, McLachlan is one of Canada’s most celebrated and treasured artists, earning countless accolades including 10 JUNO Awards, three Grammy Awards and a Billboard Music Award.
Congratulations to Sarah. A well-deserved honor, certainly. Keep the great music coming! :)
Ed