Sarah McL Articles (General)

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Grazza215

Re: Sarah McL Articles (General)

Post by Grazza215 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 am

Quincy wrote:Hi everybody,
I share all your sentiments. It’s a little frustrating waiting years between albums when we all know that she still has a lot to offer. It’s funny that you mentioned about The last goodbye, I too had the same thought last year. I know the speculation was a romantic breakup prompted the song, but was there an underlying message that we all missed?
As regards to the proposed new album, I read somewhere that she was working on this over 2 years ago. All I can say is that I’m glad I didn’t hold my breath back then.
So, are we going to speculate what these “oldies” are? I’m going to propose “The waiting”, I know that nobody will be suprised by that choice, but I’m going to listen again to some of the unreleased material and see if I can guess what may be reworked.

So, c’mon McLachlan, if your reading this let us know if you want some suggestions! And a tour!....UK OK!

I hope she is just reassessing and regrouping - I feel her new label, since leaving netwerk/arista/bmg haven't really been maintaining her presence.

She would normally have some kind of release almost every year, whether a special edition, remix album, live album, rarities etc. But I guess as the new label doesn't have access to the back catalogue it is limited.

I've tweeted her a number of times but nothing about a new album - and my god she needs to come back to the UK - when I saw her at the Afterglow the crowd went mental - and to think she charted with two singles, the album entered the top 40 twice here and she got some tv promo. Good old days. I'm also aware she doesn't stand much of a chance in this streaming era either.

I also adore "The Waiting" when I first heard it years ago, it was such an emotional journey- just the melody alone was amazing. I suspect she got them from this site....

Graham

Quincy

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:21 am

An interview:

https://nypost.com/2019/08/01/lizzo-top ... ir-lineup/

Funny:
Is there any song that you’re sick of singing?
“Push” [from 2003’s “Afterglow” album]. It’s just not very good. [Laughs.] And I wrote that about my husband, but times have changed. We’ve been divorced 11 years. We’re great friends, we’re co-parenting fantastically, and it’s all good.
Karine