What will she play on the tour?

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Islandflyer
Drifting

What will she play on the tour?

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:00 am

I'm wondering what songs Sarah might gift us with, besides the new ones from Shine On, on the tour starting Friday.

Any ideas?

I'm guessing she will play some of her old standbys, like Possession, Terms of Endearment, Sweet Surrender, Building a Mystery, I Will Remember You, Angel (although she might replace it with Song For My Father?), Fallen, and, of course, Ice Cream (I believe this is now an established tradition).

You Sarah veterans out there probably have a better idea of what she might play. This will be my first experience (June 20th), so it will all be new to me. She could sing from the Seattle phone book and I'm sure I would love it. :lol:

I'm hoping to keep track of the setlist, in any case, if I can remember to write them down. :roll:

Guess away!
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Re: What will she play on the tour?

Post by Karine » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:34 am

From her past albums, I think we might hear:

- Touch: no song from this album

- Solace: The Path of Thorns

- Fumbling Towards Ecstasy: Possession, Hold On, Ice Cream, maybe Good Enough and Fear (she played them during the symphony tour, but this time she doesn't have a backup singer or an orchestra with her)

- Surfacing: Building A Mystery, Sweet Surrender, Adia, Angel

- Afterglow: Fallen, World On Fire, Answer

- Laws Of Illusion: Loving You Is Easy, Rivers of Love, Love Come

From Shine On, it's hard to say, I believe we'll hear at least: In Your Shoes, Monsters, Song For My Father, Beautiful Girl and The Sound That Love Makes (in the encore, with Ice Cream)

I looked at some of her past setlists and it's often close to 20 songs.

Ed: I don't know if you'll be able to do it or if you prefer to stay focus on the concert, but it would be great it you could write the setlist. I'll try to do it for the Montréal concert in November, but I know it's easy to forget when the show is too good ;)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Looks like a good list, Karine. I'm planning on bringing a notepad to record them, although I may not remember the titles to all the new ones. At least it won't be dark, so I can see to write. :D

The big variable is the weather. Outdoor concerts in the Pacific Northwest are risky at this time of year. Everybody in Seattle knows summer begins promptly on July 5th (the day after the National Holiday :lol: ).

Until then, rain is likely at any time. The forecast looks good, however. :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Islandflyer wrote:Looks like a good list, Karine. I'm planning on bringing a notepad to record them, although I may not remember the titles to all the new ones. At least it won't be dark, so I can see to write. :D

The big variable is the weather. Outdoor concerts in the Pacific Northwest are risky at this time of year. Everybody in Seattle knows summer begins promptly on July 5th (the day after the National Holiday :lol: ).

Until then, rain is likely at any time. The forecast looks good, however. :)
I wish you a nice weather: sunny and not too hot! I can't wait to read your feedback of the concert (and I hope Sarah will pick you to go on stage :D )
Karine