Hi in the Middle- April 2nd 1992

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Islandflyer
Drifting

Hi in the Middle- April 2nd 1992

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:52 am

This is a recording of what must have been an incredible show. Sarah sang the songs from Solace and a couple from Touch with more than her usual impeccable passion, in her first appearance in Cleveland, Ohio. Particularly "Home", which has become such a favorite of mine. I am deeply moved every time I hear this. Earthly Heavens has commented elsewhere (in re to the "unreleased songs") that "she never sang like this again", and it seems to be true. The intensity of her passionate singing on this CD (available from Ellen) is just amazing. Same for Back Door Man, Lost, Shelter, Black and Steaming (on this one she added some lyrics from Madonna's Vogue). For fans of Solace, this is a real treat. These are wonderful songs that, except for Path of Thorns, Into the Fire and I Will Not Forget You, she rarely sang much after the release of FTE. I would like to hear her sing "Home" again on her next tour.

This "Steaming" version can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N-lbAVqOCU

Ellen has the entire concert in her collection. Ask her for the download if you want to hear it. I've listened to it a lot, and it gets better every time. The sound quality is as if it came right off the sound board, which it probably did.

Ed
Ed