Beacon Theatre 1/12-1/13 Show Thread

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Debdixon

Re: Beacon Theatre 1/12-1/13 Show Thread

Post by Debdixon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:46 pm

wacky4alanis wrote:They're scheduled to be in Boston Tuesday night, which is when the storm is supposed to get going up here. It might be dicey getting down to NY on Wednesday. I think the storm is supposed to let up around noon on Wednesday here. Hopefully they will find a way down there!
I certainly hope so. Her schedule is so tight this week that it looks like there is no room to re-schedule the Wed show for even Friday. Now that she added back songs I'm even more excited.
Deb aka ecstasythrumusic

Debdixon

Post by Debdixon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Does anyone know what kind of Merchandise is up for sale at the venue's? Sarah played seven songs from the new record which is below. Since Sarah plays two shows back to back I would love to see her do different songs from Laws. Mine would be Love Come and Heartbreak. I would also love to hear Fear and Wait as well from FTE.
Setlist:

Awakenings
Loving You is Easy
U Want Me 2
Out Of Tune
Forgiveness
Illusions of Bliss
Rivers of Love
Deb aka ecstasythrumusic

Stormhaven
Building A Mystery

Post by Stormhaven » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 pm

The merchandise she had at Austin were three CDs - Laws of Illusions, Scary Fragile (Butterfly Boucher), and Victoria Day (Mellisa McClelland). The Melissa McClelland CD sold out by the end of the show in Austin. There was also a small table with World Vision sponsor-a-child information (if you signed up for child sponsorship, you also received the Melissa McClelland CD for free).

From the Sarah McLachlan Store, I remember seeing these:
Black Swirl Fitted Tee (might have been the unisex one, but this design was there)
Album Ladies Tee
Swirl fitted hoodie
Sarah McLachlan Poster

The silver earrings were also at the table, but I can't find them on her official store anymore.

There was probably more there, but that's the stuff I can remember seeing.

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Last night;s show was amazing, she performed the same setlist as the other dates. She was in top form and as always, delivered. It's hard to choose out the best song of the night again.

Just listening to her perform Path of Terms was indescribable. She hasn't played this song in a full tour for 13 years, same with Good Enough and this was the first time I've ever heard them live. Rivers of Love was breathtaking, probably the new "Witness" of the tour. Answer had me shivering a little with a deep sigh at the end, sounded a lot better than the Afterglow Live version. Again, happy she performed Illusions of Bliss as it's my favorite track off the new album.

The Q&A session was quite fun! Maybe Deb can correct me if I'm wrong but Sarah performed a little bit of 2 songs she had written while she was with her 2 daughters. The first one sounded like a nursery rhyme/lullaby she made up and the second song sounded like her own version of "You Are My Sunshine".. her own written lyrics. She must have sung like 2 verses. I regret not recording this bit so I can share with you all. :(

Tonight's the second show and I'm hoping she performs at least 2 new songs

My only pic from last night

Path of Thorns (audio)
http://www.mediafire.com/?whjc45dw5fb50ds
Good Enough (audio)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4qvv3azvwkvl4l1
Illusions of Bliss (audio)
http://www.mediafire.com/?v2cv86q0bpseyr5
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Debdixon

Post by Debdixon » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Sarah was amazing as usual. The set list was the same as the past few shows. Miguel and I are hoping that she adds something else. I would love to hear Love Come and Heartbreak. I wish she would do Fear or Elsewhere. If she did Elsewhere I would die happy. My favorite songs of the night was Out Of Tune, Forgiveness and Possession. The did not care for Rivers Of Love until last night. I agree its the new Witness of the tour. Hearing Thorns after so long was a highlight as well. I am trying to remember if Sarah did Good Enough on the Afterglow tour. If she did then this time it was acoustic. The song that did not do it for me was U Want Me 2. I prefer the piano version when she promoted the greatest hits. Sarah can still sing her ass off. The Q and A was funny, I put a question in the hat but she didn't pick it.The cutest moment was when Sarah gave us a bit of the songs she writes for her daughters. I wish I recorded it. No pics but I have Thorns and Good Enough.

I enjoyed Melissa and Butterfly's set as well. I hope to have an amazing time tonight as well.
Miguel wrote:Last night;s show was amazing, she performed the same setlist as the other dates. She was in top form and as always, delivered. It's hard to choose out the best song of the night again.

Just listening to her perform Path of Terms was indescribable. She hasn't played this song in a full tour for 13 years, same with Good Enough and this was the first time I've ever heard them live. Rivers of Love was breathtaking, probably the new "Witness" of the tour. Answer had me shivering a little with a deep sigh at the end, sounded a lot better than the Afterglow Live version. Again, happy she performed Illusions of Bliss as it's my favorite track off the new album.

The Q&A session was quite fun! Maybe Deb can correct me if I'm wrong but Sarah performed a little bit of 2 songs she had written while she was with her 2 daughters. The first one sounded like a nursery rhyme/lullaby she made up and the second song sounded like her own version of "You Are My Sunshine".. her own written lyrics. She must have sung like 2 verses. I regret not recording this bit so I can share with you all. :(

Tonight's the second show and I'm hoping she performs at least 2 new songs

My only pic from last night

Path of Thorns (audio)
http://www.mediafire.com/?whjc45dw5fb50ds
Good Enough (audio)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4qvv3azvwkvl4l1
Illusions of Bliss (audio)
http://www.mediafire.com/?v2cv86q0bpseyr5
Deb aka ecstasythrumusic

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:34 am

Thanks for the audio clips! I'm going to dl later....
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:27 pm

It was surely a great show. Thanks for your comments. I'll check the audio files! :)
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 am

I meant to post these last week, here's the Q&A from the Jan 13th show

part 1:

Q: What movies have you watched recently?
A: Team America , The Town

Q: what is most unique place you made love
A: the beach

Q: who had the tightest pants that night
(everyone pointed at each other) :lol:
A: Sarah said Butterfly

Q: how do you maintain your fabulous body?
A: doesn't do jack-shit (her answer) :lol: yoga and running

Q: how did you meet everyone from your band?
A: met Luke when he was 18/19 back in 1994, Butterfly toured with Sarah in 2004, Luke introduced Melissa to Sarah and ended up being part of her band since 2005 -- she didn't get to Peter, Vince and the drummer

Q: (for Melissa) where did she get her red shoes?
A: Aldo's

Q: are you going to release a Sarah & Friends DVD?
A: good idea, will think about it

Q: would you like to date my friend?
A: it would challenging.. her living in Vancouver, him in NYC

Q: where does she like to eat in NYC?
A: ABC Kitchen

Part 2:

Q: can I hand you the roses I bought for you?
A: (Sarah accepts the roses from the fan) :)

Q: Do you have a thing for short, round Mexicans? :lol:
A: we'll have to go a few dates first

Q: what song makes you feel sexy?
A: Ice Cream

Q: I may be a little drunk, but Sarah, can I have a job?
A: (awkward look)

Q: what's your favorite timepiece (watch)
--

Q: why do some artists perform barefoot like you did once
A: feels comfortable

Q: what color underwear are you wearing
A: black bra and panties

Q: why does Butterfly's guitar look so big and is Butterfly her real name
A: to make up for her lack of... yeah :lol: Yes, her real name

Q: favorite book?
A: Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald

Q: favorite joan baez song?
-- couldn't come to her lol
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:55 am

Miguel wrote:Q: are you going to release a Sarah & Friends DVD?
A: good idea, will think about it
I'm glad that someone asked the question. I missed everything (Lilith, Sarah & Friends tour) because of my "PhD - I expatriate myself in France" story! :(
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:02 am

Don't worry Karine, there is a place waiting for you at some Sarah event. You will get your turn someday like all of us. :D