Atlanta show- setlist inside!

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
fumbing2010

Atlanta show- setlist inside!

Post by fumbing2010 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Hey everyone, its Adam from the old board (stevierocks87). Still been keeping up, but haven't posted on the new board yet. I did go to the show last night, so I figured ya'll would want to hear about it :-) Basically, Sarah and the band were phenomenal, the crowd TERRIBLE- it ALMOST ruined the experience for me.

So, I waited till the day of the show, tried Ticketmaster a few times, and ended up getting a SECOND ROW TICKET! I'm sorry I don't have any pictures or video, I don't currently have a camera, and I was so close they would have been really good, and people were taking pictures all over the place.

So, basically for the show Sarah played with what I assume was her backup band from the lilith shows- Luke Ducett (sp?), Vincent Jones, cute guitar guy, Matt Chamberlan (a neat suprise, I'm a big Tori fan, but he looks SO MUCH older I didn't recognize him!), and Melissa McClelland and Butterfly Boucher. Throughout the show Melissa and Butterfly played 4 songs each, which I thought was actually really cool, will Sarah going to the background to play piano or sing back up. Here's the setlist, sorry I don't know the names of most of Melissa and Butterfly's songs, but they were great!

Angel
Building A Mystery
LYIE
2 Melissa songs, one called "Break"
I Will Remember You
You Want Me To
2 Butterfly Songs
Fallen
Good Enough
Adia
Out of Tune
2 Melissa songs, one rock and slow piano song
Forgiveness
2 Butterfly songs
Illusions of Bliss
Sweet Surrender
Possession
Ice Cream

"Because The Night" was on the setlist, but they didn't do it because of the venues curfew :x

So, Sarah was everything I hoped she would be, just on fire. I love the way they did the show, she sounds amazing, looks amazing, just great.

But, OH MY GOD the crowd. I went by myself, and even with sitting in the second row, I just felt very isolated and alone. No one seemed very friendly or outgoing, that happy to be there, and casual fans at best. The venue was at a place called Chastain Park, in a wealthy part of the city were many white upper-class folks get season or corporate tickets and figure it would be a nice way to spend a Thursday night. The class privilege was so evident in the crowd and the cars, and just so not in the spirit of what I think a Sarah show should be. I don't think must of her true "fans" could afford the almost $100 tickets- I barely could, and not sure how I'll eat later in the month, but I did not want to miss a chance to see her.

So, I ended up leaving feeling very disheartened, and that sucked. I think it might have been different if it was a Lilith show, or at a different venue. But, Sarah was great and I'll try to hold on to that, and hope that I can have a different experience in the future.

So, there ya go- I probably have more thoughts and details but I need to run, check in soon ya'll!

:-) Adam

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Re: Atlanta show- setlist inside!

Post by Kaleysuncle » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:06 am

Fallen and Good Enough! <3

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks