Sarah @ NYC JFK T5 Experience w/ pics and videos

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Miguel

Sarah @ NYC JFK T5 Experience w/ pics and videos

Post by Miguel » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:36 pm

This is one of the most rare performances/appearances she has ever done that I'm proud to say I've attended and been a part of. JetBlue (airplane co.) holds an annual concert every year on their side of the terminal at John F Kennedy International Airport here in NYC, and Sarah was one of the artists who agreed to do this (bless her!). Only JetBlue passengers were able to attend this, but 15 lucky people had the chance to get a pass to this show by 'Like'-ing JetBlue's page on Facebook and follow their instructions as to how to get them.

Last Wednesday, JetBlue posted on the page the location of where to get the passes early in the morning, so as soon I saw it, I quickly left, got on the train and took me about an hour to get to where they were distributing them. I felt very lucky because I think I was either the last or second-to-last person on the list! Their clipboard already had a list of names of people that signed and gotten their passes already.

The performance at JFK took place the next day on Thursday. It was another day of travel (this was the day after Lilith in Philadelphia). JFK is on the other side of the city from where I live, I had to take 3 trains to get there. When I arrived, I had to go through security checkpoint since the show was taking place in the marketplace by the departure area.

When I got to the performance area, Sarah was already doing soundcheck, fiddling around with her piano and making sure her piano, guitars and mics were tuned correctly. Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland were there as back-up. Sarah did a bit of Adia, a full performance of Melissa's song "Segovia" (from 'Victoria Day') with her, and a part of Building A Mystery. After that, Sarah had left to hang out by the cocktail area, that I originally had no idea I could access since I won the pass, and then went to the back to another room, I suppose. I just stood in front of the stage the whole time, trying to make sure I get a spot right in front of Sarah and I did!

While I was waiting for Sarah to come back, I saw a family holding out items signed by Sarah. I chatted with them for a bit and they were very friendly people. They said Sarah was very kind and patient with them. I knew for sure this was going to be the chance to meet her properly and get my Laws of Illusion CD signed (I thought)

Sarah finally came out at 7pm with Luke and Melissa. Her stage presence is mesmerizing. The feeling is almost indescribable, but I felt like letting out a scream to assure that this was happening! (but of course that didn't happen) :lol: This was the first time being in front of her, it felt like she was singing to me! I got a few direct looks from Luke and Melissa at times. :oops: I wondered if they had recognized me from Lilith the previous night when I was up in front for Butterfly Boucher's set and they had come out to support her :) (maybe it's just me)

Sarah's setlist consisted of BAM, LYIE, Adia, WOF, Forgiveness, Angel and Ice Cream. She didn't disappoint at all, she was in top form and looked to be having a good time, even if it was in the weirdest place to perform at (she even said it herself). The performance ended at around 7:35.

Sarah quickly left to the other side of the stage. I had taken out my LOI album and asked one of the security guys if it was possible to get an autograph and told me to go around the stage. When I got there, security only allowed boarding passengers to go up to the platform to greet and take pictures with Sarah. I was crushed for a second! I thought I had definitely lost my chance but I wasn't giving up. I saw Melissa coming down the platform helping move the gear from the stage. I greeted her and asked her if she could sign my album as I didn't bring anything else. She was sweet, lovely and beautiful in person. I told her about being at Camden/Philly the night before and complimented her. Afterward I asked to take a pic with her, she obliged. I was looking for someone to take it and she called over Luke! He took our picture and I asked if he could sign the album, no problem :) One of my legs was shaking during that brief encounter with them, I was so nervous and just couldn't believe it.

I waited for a good 10 minutes until Sarah signed to the people that weren't on the platform. She signed my LOI booklet and the CD. I forgot to shake my silver pen so her autograph was very light (she could've just pressed hard :P ) Some people managed to climb on the platform to take pictures. As a big guy, I didn't want to risk getting injured as there were guardrails with glass around, and the space on the edge was very small. :lol: I would say she spent about 20 minutes signing and greeting. What artist does that when the place is packed trying to get to see/meet her? It's very unheard of nowadays as many artists usually dash away with security after a show and you never see them again.

I'm so glad I got the chance to attend this appearance/concert. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I would've regret it badly had I decided not to go to this. If an opportunity ever comes around like this for anyone, take it, even if you travel 1, 2 or 3 hours. It was free to be there after all!

Here is the video of Forgiveness
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 7118135621

Segovia (soundcheck)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 6706740621

Some pictures I took
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Re: Sarah @ NYC JFK T5 Experience w/ pics and videos

Post by Danyy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:50 pm

That is so cool Miguel, I'm really happy for you (and also a little jealous as you can imagine :P ) :D
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 pm

oh my goodness miguel, i would have fainted. your so lucky! and im so jealous! this makes me want to wait at the venue until sarah leaves tomm. im hoping for some kind of miracle to happen tomm. and somehow i get to meet her lol :D

and luke ;)

lost_in_space82

Post by lost_in_space82 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Awesome pictures/story! I am so happy for you!!! :D

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:26 am

Hey Miguel, Your the lucky and chosen one. I tip my hat to you for your professional wisdom of relaying this info and photos to us. You the man.

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:36 am

It was an amazing experience. Not sure if this opportunity will ever come again. My next goal is to get a pic with Sarah. Lost my chance at JFK staying by the stage the whole time before she came out to perform, but hey, still had my CD signed.

If I had an extra pass for each and every member on this board (that included airfare/hotel) I would've invited you all!! :D The 2 people I went to the Philadelphia show with, sadly ,couldn't make it

Edit: added 2 more pictures above
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:13 am

Since I've seen the pictures and heard the stories, I'm only going to comment on your good looks. ;)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Miguel wrote:If I had an extra pass for each and every member on this board (that included airfare/hotel) I would've invited you all!! :D
Aww...that's so sweet, you're the best :D
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

Jujube

Post by Jujube » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks for the detailed post and pics Miguel! I'm glad you got the chance to get a ticket to this event!

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:39 am

Thanks for sharing. I love the ring on her right middle finger. ;)
You've so lucky! I can't wait to see Sarah next year (hopefully)...
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...