Shows and concerts

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Karine
A change is coming

Re: Shows and concerts

Post by Karine » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:33 pm

I bought the tickets before I found out she was playing during the 2nd half of the gala. It's okay: the guests invited for the 1st half seem great!
My sister looked at pictures of last year's gala and she said: What did you get us into?
It seems to be very chic, women wearing long dresses and gowns!
"Approximately 400 guests will be in attendance, including senior Parliamentarians, corporate leaders, arts stakeholders and other VIPs."
I told my sister we could wear pretty clothes and pretend to be rich for one night ;)
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:00 am

Hi Everybody,
I have 2 tickets for the Toronto concert in a couple of weeks. I can't go and presently I can't sell them. If I cannot get a buyer then rather than waste them if anybody wants them, then you can have them. All I ask is a sizeable donation to a nominated British charity.
Let me know.

Paul

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:27 am

Oh, that's too bad. I can't go, unfortunately.

I'm working on that day and on the following day, so it's impossible for me to travel there. I hope you find someone!
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 am

Barefoot in the Backyard is back!

VANCOUVER: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2019
https://www.barefootinthebackyard.com/

It's already sold out.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:04 am

Well, that's a shame. I might have gone otherwise.

For those of you that listen to Pandora, if you listen on the "Sarah McLachlan channel" you don't hear a lot of her music, but if you listen to "Epic Soundtracks" you hear a lot! I'm not sure why this is, only the algorithm knows. :D
Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi everybody,

I trust that you’re fit and well?

Did anyone go to the recent concerts in the US or Canada?
I’ve seen a few clips from the Toronto show on YouTube and it looked good.
I bought a couple of tickets for the Toronto show for both SMcL and Santana/ The Doobie Brothers which was just over a week later (I’m a huge Santana fan and big on the Doobie Bros.). The plan was to have a few days holiday in between going to Montreal and Quebec, then back to Toronto on the Via rail. I should have realised that this wasn’t going to be straightforward since the original flights were booked with Wow Airlines, which promptly went bust. We rebooked the flights after getting our money back from the credit card company but the rebooked flights were much more expensive. At the same time I found out I had Prostate cancer. It’s curable, but what I didn’t realise was just how bad the cure was, radiotherapy really is not nice and there’s no way that I could even fly let alone have a holiday. The cure was worse than the illness. However in late July we found that my much better half has breast cancer. If we had gone to Canada that prognosis would have been delayed even further. All in all not a good summer.
We’re both getting better. I’ve been given the all clear but it’s going to be a few week yet for my MBH.

I know that the UK is a laughing stock at the moment with the political instability we’re having to endure, but our NHS is the shining light in this god forsaken country we call home. I cannot fault anyone, from our local GP to the surgeons. To those heroes an heroines I say a huge thank you for the care, concern and support you have given us.
If you see a nurse, doctor or surgeon, give them hug, hopefully you’ll never need them, but then again you may.

I’m planning on seeing Agnes Obel in Manchester in late March, I wonder what will happen then?

Q

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:26 am

Quincy,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with cancer, but it is good you have a medical system that actually provides care to people without risky of personal bankruptcy or denial of care due to inability to pay. In the US health care is tied to employment, and there is no right to it as in most developed countries. So you have your own Mad-Hatter version of Donald Trump. England has survived much worse, but I have my doubts about the US.

Did you see the interview Santana did with the New York Times where he talked about tripping before the Woodstock concert? They told him it would be in 8 or 10 hours, so he would have time to come down, but he had to go on quickly, instead. :)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/06/arts ... stock.html?

Wow was a bust, huh? It's all in a name, you know ;)

If Sarah comes through Seattle again I'll try and catch her, but so far no joy. Best of luck to you and your wife and a speedy recovery for you both.

Ed
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:00 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems, Quincy! :( I hope you're having the support you need from family and friends (and same with your partner).

I'm going to Sarah's concert in Ottawa in 3 weeks (https://nac-cna.ca/en/event/22968), with my sister. I hope it'll be a nice evening!
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the support which you’ve shown to us both.
My MBH has finally finished her radiotherapy and should, hopefully, be on the mend.

I see that SMcL is on the road again, but we definitely won’t be seeing her this time round. We lost about £600+ which we couldn’t claim on the travel insurance. We couldn’t sell any of the tickets for either of the concerts, and with the other incidentals it soon mounts up.
I’ve finally given up on seeing her live.

Ed, regarding the Santana Woodstock set, yes I read about that. They were due to play early evening but one of the acts didn’t show on time so they were coerced into showing early. Still, it didn’t harm them did it?

Q

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Islandflyer wrote:Well, that's a shame. I might have gone otherwise.

For those of you that listen to Pandora, if you listen on the "Sarah McLachlan channel" you don't hear a lot of her music, but if you listen to "Epic Soundtracks" you hear a lot! I'm not sure why this is, only the algorithm knows. :D
Can get Pandora in the UK. Is it good?