Sarah and Friends Tour 2010/11

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Re: Sarah and Friends Tour 2010/11

Post by TheSquirrel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:00 am

Jessel wrote:
Stormhaven wrote:The skeptic/realist in me also figures that the "random questions from the audience" are screened (if not just total plants). Through the magic of Youtube, you notice that quite a few of the Q&A's across the various cities are very similar.
I'm excited to hear (or should that be "read"? lol) Squirrel's opinion on this one haha! Sarah, prepare yourself. :lol:
You can probably already guess what I think about this. I think she's a phony. She didn't used to be but I don't trust anything she does or says any more. I still love her music, but my favourite albums came when I trusted what I heard, and also saw some honesty in those eyes. I don't like what I see nowadays. So here are some questions I would love to pose if I were in the audience. The politically correct should skip this bit.

1. How many members of the band or production crew have you not had sex with?
2. The new guy - did you find someone with lots of money because at least he isn't after you for the money, and he does what he's told in return for a bit of media coverage and reflected glory?
3. Was it desperation to find someone quickly, just to convince everyone including yourself you are happy?
4. How happy are you with the awful LOI? Or should I say how unhappy are you with the awful LOI?
5. Was it rushed because you were pushed into releasing something you weren't happy with or did you release it because you needed to prove something after the split with Ash?
6. How much do you hate the bastards at Nettwerk?
7. Since for years you told everyone how wonderful and supportive Ash was, even in the face of you being really awful to him, how come you suddenly changed your tune so quickly? So how can we believe anything you say?
8. The man you were truly in love with, about whom you said everyone should have a love like this, but very very few do, they just make do, whereas this is true love etc. appears to be on most LOI tracks portrayed as the man who left when the going got tough. A complete change of mind and rewriting of history. Are you therefore going into politics?
9. If you keep going on about how normal you are and how much you like a normal life why don't you just retire? You have nothing more to prove and your creative phase is now over. So how come you keep appearing in the media when you have nothing new to say or sing, and have publicity photos glossed over to such an extent they would make Jabba The Hut look like Taylor Swift?
10. Did Nettwerk and the record company deliberately not promote LOI becasue you are leaving them?
11. Was LOI a deliberately bad album because you are saving your best for your own label at a time when you intend to manage yourself?
12. Do you hate their guts because they nearly worked you to destruction then leeched off your talent?
13. I removed this one due to bad taste.

Okay Jessel, you just wanted me to get into trouble didn't you?
Last edited by TheSquirrel on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 am

TheSquirrel wrote:6. How much do you hate the bastards at Nettwerk?
That's a good question...
Karine

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Karine wrote:
TheSquirrel wrote:6. How much do you hate the bastards at Nettwerk?
That's a good question...
Wot, I'm not banned?

But seriously, is there one question in there, that fans and the general public haven't asked? I'm just asking the questions that most of us are thinking. Is it best to only think about it rather than post it? That's another question.

There's too much image over content. Artists are always complaining about the media but want lots of coverage, especially when they have something to sell. The media are lying cheating sons of bitches, but those in the public eye need them, and want to use them. They misrepresent for a better story, which is why those in the public eye put up a wall. Honesty is not the best policy if you're in the public eye, but there's no point saying one thing, doing another, and being an obvious hypocrite. If artists keep quiet they don't get the required coverage. Maybe herein lies the truth. You get what you deserve. That applies to any artist, including Sarah McLachlan. By no means do I consider her one of the worst, but the inconsistencies are there. That doesn't affect my appreciation of her music. I merely wish she would say less and do more. Sometimes the worst kind of lies are the ones you tell yourself.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:27 am

TheSquirrel wrote: But seriously, is there one question in there, that fans and the general public haven't asked? I'm just asking the questions that most of us are thinking.
Sorry, but don't include me in this because I have no (or never had any) interest in asking those type of questions you asked, except maybe #7, like Karine ;)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:57 am

Miguel wrote:Sorry, but don't include me in this because I have no (or never had any) interest in asking those type of questions you asked, except maybe #7, like Karine ;)
Well, I would not ask it that way :D
... but it's true that I'm curious about the Nettwerk-Sarah split.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:52 pm

From a French review of the last concert in Montreal: Sarah thinks about producing an album with Melissa and Butterfly:
On a d’ailleurs appris que ce trio pourrait bien produire un album.
For those who read French:
http://www.journalmetro.com/culture/art ... -mclachlan
Karine

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Karine wrote:From a French review of the last concert in Montreal: Sarah thinks about producing an album with Melissa and Butterfly:
On a d’ailleurs appris que ce trio pourrait bien produire un album.
For those who read French:
http://www.journalmetro.com/culture/art ... -mclachlan
That would be brillant! Well, with Melissa and Luke anyway... :P

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 pm

My sister is on her way to the concert in Montreal... I'm stuck in France for my PhD and I'm jealous!! :roll:
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 am

I was at the concert last night at the St. Denis Theatre and being in the second row was only seven feet from her when she came to the edge of the stage. First off, seeing her up close like that, WOW, she is a beautiful woman. Her stage presents takes the air right out of you in a way only others who have had that chance to see her know what I mean. Only her voice was heard for the opening song Awakenings, as we were held to our seats in awe and wonderment. When she came with Building a Mystery for the second song, we exploded and sang her name and clapped and did whatever. For a place that was not suppose to have cameras inside well, I think every second person had one and security did not impose at any time. Others songs were and in not that order, Loving You is Easy, Answer, I Will Remember You, World on Fire, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, Possession,Hold On, Path of Thorns, Forgiveness, Adia, Sweet Surrender( the place went nuts) and for her encore she did Angel and Ice Cream. She did have trouble with certain notes and explained after a couple songs about her voice but we didn't care because it was Sarah with us and that was all that mattered at the moment. Melissa and Butterfly did their songs in strong vocal bursts as did Luke who gave us two. Sarah did backups and what great harmony it was. What a beautiful night to remember, will never forget that moment in time. I was not fast enough or I could have been there tonight also. Yes, I clicked pics and will get them up soon. Thank you Sarah, thank you so much for the love you give to your fans. As a last note, I did give her a question in the hat and she pulled it second which was: Early in life, other than music, did you envision some other career that you might have took. She was so sweet with her answers and did answer them all. A true and honest woman with a heart of gold and kindness towards her fans , Sarah McLachlan we, will always remember you and that is a given. :D :D :D

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:42 am

thats awesome empirejim! im glad you had a good time :D