Confirmed/Canceled Cities - Summer 2010 Leg

The topic for all things Lilith Fair
Karine
A change is coming

Re: Confirmed cities

Post by Karine » Thu May 13, 2010 4:50 pm

For those who will go to the show in Montréal:
you have to change your tickets, the show won't be at Parc Jean Drapeau, but at the Bell Center and the tickets are not the same. My sister, who will go to the show in Mtl, told it to me...
http://www.showbizz.net/articles/201005 ... _bell.html
Karine

lawsofillusion

Re: Set-list?

Post by lawsofillusion » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 am

Sorry to tell you but Montreal just got cancelled along with several other U.S cities! The tickets prices are outrageously high in many cities. Not surprised:(

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:51 am

Wow! That is a shocker... I just read about it, other than Nashville and Phoenix, Montreal and 9 other U.S. cities will be pulled
A press release from Nettwerk said the following dates would be removed:
Salt Lake City (July 12)
Montreal (July 23)
Raleigh (August 4)
Charlotte (August 6)
West Palm Beach (August 10)
Tampa (August 11)
Birmingham (August 12)
Austin (August 14)
Houston (August 15)
Dallas (August 16)
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html

I'm sorry Empirejim :( is there any other city close to Montreal that you may go to?
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:44 am

lawsofillusion wrote:Sorry to tell you but Montreal just got cancelled along with several other U.S cities! The tickets prices are outrageously high in many cities. Not surprised:(
THAT is really bad news. I'm really hoping that the European, Australian, and Asian tours will not be shelved indefinitely because of this...
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:08 am

http://www.lilithfair.com/news/2010-lil ... nouncement
10 dates are cancelled...

My sister is sad: the show in Montreal is cancelled too. :shock:
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:42 pm

I have just been hit with a brick in the face. I refuse to believe it and must check it out. If it is true, then I will never be the same. I need time off now, sorry. I enjoy all of you on the site but I don't know anymore...

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:33 pm

well shit... they pulled raleigh? even my backup show in charlotte, nc? oh well, seriously disappointed. if sarah doesn't do a solo tour after lilith, then she will lose cool points with me.
fumbling...

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:03 pm

that is a disappointing set list... in some ways. it's always nice to see sarah live and i don't mind hearing these songs if i'm actually in the audience but it seems there are never any surprises with sarah... seldom does she ever re-invent her songs for different tours or even pull out some rare gems. you kinda know what to expect from her. i guess it's expected when you are a die-hard fan... i'm sure the casual fans are loving it.

i think it would be cool if maybe she adapted BAM to piano and "adia" or "angel" to guitar. i like how she goes back and forth with the WOF arrangements, band and piano versions. i also liked the new piano arrangement on IWRY she did on leno back in summer 09.
fumbling...

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:31 pm

they canceled both shows in my area with the shortest drive being 1.5 hours. now the closest city for me is DC, which will increase my drive to 5 hours and the addition of overnight lodging costs. i'm bummed... i don't think lilith is going to survive after its 2010 leg. you list all these cities months in advance, everyone gets excited and BAM, they are canceled. most of us will say the highlight of attending is to see sarah... an artist we all love... sarah has not even announced or hinted at a solo tour so what if this is our only chance to see sarah live... she may shut herself away for another 7 years after lilith is over.

i have to say i'm a little disappointed with sarah. i know she tries but i wish she acknowledged her fans a bit more. i remember her saying in recent interviews that she doesn't have to work again if she chooses to and how great that feels at 42. i always thought that was a selfish comment to make when some people have lost their jobs or worried about losing their jobs due to the recession.
fumbling...

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:45 pm

I've merged the comments posted in the Setlist thread about the dates canceled with this one.

It's sad it has all come down to this. With 3 shows done, there's pretty much around 20 more to look forward to. I'm sorry for those who were looking forward to the shows to having them being pulled all of a sudden.

I think all the kind of sales and the way they've been shifting around the locations have pissed a lot of people off. First they're charging high prices, then they're offering 2 for 1 tickets and suddenly there's a drop in prices by up to 50%.. I'd be pretty disappointed if I was one of the first to get tickets for a high price and weeks later people are getting them for half of I paid for
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team