Confirmed artists

The topic for all things Lilith Fair
Mallory

Re: Confirmed artists

Post by Mallory » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Crazylitstudent wrote:Ke$ha?? Shes got a good voice but I don't really see her as the "Lilith" type of artist... Maybe I'm just getting old! :lol:

Its a good line-up anyway! :)
I thought the same thing about her. (And about myself getting old... is that really what the kids are listening to these days? ;))

I'm really thrilled about a lot of the other artists though. A Fine Frenzy, Brandi Carlile, Martina McBride and Missy Higgins are among my favorites. If only KT Tunstall were playing, too, I'd be over the moon. :) Can't wait for dates for other cities to be released...

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:01 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:Ke$ha??
I can't imagine her singing her annoying song Tik Tok during Lilith. I hope she ends up getting booted from the lineup! :lol:
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:56 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:Ke$ha?? Shes got a good voice but I don't really see her as the "Lilith" type of artist... Maybe I'm just getting old! :lol:

Its a good line-up anyway! :)
Ben, I believe that is called auto-tune. ;)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:22 am

Jessel wrote:
I can't imagine her singing her annoying song Tik Tok during Lilith. I hope she ends up getting booted from the lineup! :lol:
And booed off the stage. Seriously, she's the kind of artist that Lilith stood against for and wouldn't have back in the 90s. I'm all for diversity but she's just crap. I bet she was chosen by Terry McBride
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 am

Mallory wrote:I thought the same thing about her. (And about myself getting old... is that really what the kids are listening to these days? ;))
Well I heard some kids singing her song on a Bus the other day so it must be! :lol: But I do agree with people here that she is a strange choice for Lilith considering her "Party Girl" image doesn't fit in with the original message of the festival. But this is 2010 and not 1996, things have changed..

@ Caleb: I heard a live performance by her on the Television and while her song wasn't to my personal taste in music her actual voice wasn't *too* bad.

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Rihanna has been added to the lineup... for one date only

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/04/1 ... itinerary/

Ella-ella-eh-eh-eh :?

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I somehow knew this was going to happen :o The countdown to acts like Beyonce and Lady Gaga being added starts now...

This is not an attack on these ladies but there does seem to be a little bit of a shift to the commercial pop genre with Ke$ha and Rihanna appearing. Still theres more than enough true singer-songwriters to go round on the line-up so I can't complain too much! ;)

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 pm

If Beyonce gets a few dates, then we know it'll be because of Daddy Knowles buying her way in. She doesn't need to hog more spotlights, thanks

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Miguel wrote:If Beyonce gets a few dates, then we know it'll be because of Daddy Knowles buying her way in. She doesn't need to hog more spotlights, thanks

haha! that is the truth! i can definately do WITHOUT kesha, rihanna, beyonce and all the others like them. not my style. and we dont need a bunch of moron teenagers attending just because of them. ;)

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:38 am

jessiemonkey wrote:
Miguel wrote:and we dont need a bunch of moron teenagers attending just because of them. ;)
Sad to say, but that's exactly what's happening right now. This Lilith is looking more and more like a... sellout. There I said it. This is nothing like the first Lilith.
Ke$ha, Rihanna... oh dear. :shock:
Who's next? Beyonce & Lady G.? Why not throw in Keyshia Cole and the Pussycat Dolls as well to complete the line-up? Thank goodness there's no way Justin Beiber would make it to the stage or you all gonna put up with tons of screaming pre-pubescent girls! :lol:

Okay, okay, I'm not attacking anyone's taste here but honestly, when Lilith came out in the 90s, it's like a big "f**k you" to the music industry. The mere thought of performers like Mariah Carey, the Spice Girls, Britney Spears, and Aaliyah (bless her btw, I do have a soft spot for her) being included in the line-up is unthinkable back then. It is basically a festival for singer-songwriters and in general, artists who defy the hype. And also, it's a platform for lesser-known female artists to bring their material out into the open.

I dunno, the times are changing and maybe the theme of this Lilith is diversity, which is not a bad thing but inviting "big names" like Rihanna is going too far imho. I mean, these people have enough exposure/hype to last them a few more years (until their 15 minutes are over lol), not to mention the fact that they can tour on their own. So why not just give the chance to others who are struggling in this industry?
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...