Confirmed artists

The topic for all things Lilith Fair
Jessel
Fumbling

Re: Confirmed artists

Post by Jessel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:20 am

Kaleysuncle wrote:Well considering Lady Gaga IS a singer-songwriter as well as a musician, I see no reason why she couldn't be included in Lilith Fair.
My two cents: for the same reason that a good percentage of the Lollapalooza crowd hates the fact that she's headlining the festival. ;)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Fri May 07, 2010 5:35 pm

For those who haven't found out yet, Carly Simon and Queen Latifah have been added. Carly is doing 3 shows and Queen is doing 2.
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Pollyanna

Post by Pollyanna » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm a little sad that Alanis Morissette i again not part of the line-up. I mean, Lilith is something that is so Alanis and I'm still puzzled why she didn't participate last time and won't again this time. I wonder whether she and Sarah have some kind of quarrel since both are Canadian but have never talked about each other...

And Madonna is definitely missing, she could have done a perfect more stripped-down show she probably can't do when touring alone. But Madonna is THE female artist in music-biz.

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Pollyanna wrote:I'm a little sad that Alanis Morissette i again not part of the line-up. I mean, Lilith is something that is so Alanis and I'm still puzzled why she didn't participate last time and won't again this time. I wonder whether she and Sarah have some kind of quarrel since both are Canadian but have never talked about each other...

And Madonna is definitely missing, she could have done a perfect more stripped-down show she probably can't do when touring alone. But Madonna is THE female artist in music-biz.
Sarah and Ash attended one of Alanis' shows on her last tour (Flavors of Entanglement). There's a video of them talking to the guys at the soundboard.

I'd love for Madonna to have done a show or two. A possible duet of Like a Prayer would've been amazing. :)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 pm

It seems that Kelly Clarkson is pulling out of some of the concert dates. From what I got from Sarah McLachlan.com, is that she will not be at the Minnesota or Detroit shows.This is not by no way a confirmation but a reserved note. Yet to be confirmed. I don't know what is going on but I am now getting worried. I hope on others take the same route in cancelling.