Lilith in Columbia, MD 8/3/10

The topic for all things Lilith Fair
jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Lilith in Columbia, MD 8/3/10

Post by jessiemonkey » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 am

hey everyone! i had an awesome time at lilith.
i took my sister to this. so when we first got there we watched the village stage and corrin campbell was performing. she was really radical! after she was done she came over and i got her to sign my book and we go a picture together.

up next on that stage was butterfly boucher and i remembered reading something on here about how sarah comes out to sing with butterfly. so i was like hell yea im standing right here. i had one person in front of me but managed to get around him in time to get some decent pictures of sarah :) my sister said when sarah came up on stage with her i looked like i was gonna faint! hahaha. after butterflys set, she said she would be down at the merch booth taking pictures and stuff. so i got her to sign my book and we got a picture together :)

after that we just kind of hung around for awhile until the main stage people came on.

first was

Sara Bareilles- she was awesome!!!! i loved her!

2nd was

Cat Power- I didnt like them at all. i think it was miguel who said that it was awkward bc they didnt talk at all or introduce themselves. it did feel awkward lol .

3rd was

Courtyard Hounds- the were okay i guess, but too country for me lol

4th was

Indigo Girls- i didnt like them at all. thats all i have to say

5th was

SARAH MCLACHLAN!!!!-she was amazing i dont remember the order angel, adia, sweet surrender, loving you is easy, out of tune, stupid, building a mystery, ice cream, possession, because the night, forgiveness, world on fire, thats all i can remember lol . but it all sounded amazing!

im so glad i went, next year im def. gonna buy the VIP package so i can meet sarah.

heres a link to the pics i took

http://picasaweb.google.com/11338319361 ... directlink

Miguel

Re: Lilith in Columbia, MD 8/3/10

Post by Miguel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:27 am

Awesome Jessie! Your pictures came out great, thanks for sharing :) Meeting Butterfly must have been nice, she's great! I'm glad Melissa and Butterfly were brought up to the front. I always felt bad for them being back there, but this was the last show so it made sense

You got a pretty good line up, minus Cat Power. I forgot to tell you to bring a pillow, you would've needed it while she was playing :lol: I liked the Indigo Girls very much, although it didn't turn me into a big fan.. they were fun to listen to and the crowd in NYC/NJ was really hot for them. Both Sarah(-h)'s were wonderful

I'm definitely excited for next year's Lilith. I'm thinking about VIP too.. it's crazy but it would be worth it just to actually talk to Sarah and take a pic with her, and great seats too! Gotta start saving :)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 am

Fantastic Jessie! So glad you had a great time!

I was looking for your photo with Luke when I suddenly realized you didn't buy the VIP package hehe... Image
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:40 am

So cool, Jessie! I'm glad for you! :D And I loved the pictures!
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen