The topic for all things Lilith Fair
biancadantas
Lost

Re: VIP packages

Post by biancadantas » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 am

TheSquirrel wrote:
Kaleysuncle wrote:
Wow. :roll:
It's good to see you're still not wasting too many words Caleb. The internet generation is worrying me a little. Too quiet. Like the guy that fixes my computer. Very quiet. When he gets mad he will probably go on a killing spree wiping out half the population of a small village, but he'll be quiet doing it.

Am looking forward to meeting you and Migs one day. This may sound like a threat and fill you with dread, but I am looking forward to it. Yes, I am the bitter twisted miserable bastard that I appear to be. The reason I like Americans and Canadians is because they are filled with optimism and happiness, just the opposite to me. Americans have said I remind them of Basil Fawlty/John Cleese. I can't disagree with that comparison.
I agree with Caleb, "Wow"....there are things that just need ONE simple word to explain, maybe I'd use another word such as 'inappropriate' or even better 'disgusting', since your post was really sad. I think we could use a little more respect to each other over here.
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:33 pm

^ Oh, please don't take it personally Bianca. The Squirrel is a good soul. I know, he sounds like a miserable old git (in his own words) most of the time but that's just what he is and he's always been like that. I'm sure he doesn't mean to offend anyone with that comment.

Peace! xo :)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Think you're being a little over sensitive Bianca. Actually i think you're being exceptionally over sensitive Bianca, the two I most want to meet are Miguel and Caleb. My point is you cannot go against your own nature. Everyone has their good and bad points but they are mostly inherent. Americans and Canadians do seem a lot more friendly and optimistic and the British more negative. I shall not be too over sensitive myself, and criticise Bianca who clearly means well. Needless to say no insult was intended. Once you can accept who you are, you can be comfortable. I have been comfortable for many years with my own personality. Don't fight your own feelings and what you want to do. Let other people deal with it. If they can't accept you it's their problem not yours. Think there is some philosophy in there somewhere.

Oops - just saw your above post Jessel - thanks, yes obviously no offense was intended.
Last edited by TheSquirrel on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:05 pm

If I had the chance to press the button to launch a bomb that only wipes out the politically correct would I push it? Hmmm. Years ago I would have said yes. Now I'm not so sure. I must be getting soft in my old age. Some overly politically correct people can be quite nice and are acting with good intentions. Still hate political correctness, but have to try and understand the motivation behind that. Most of it is to do with trying not to hurt people and making the world a better and more understanding place.

In the spirit of compromise I would now only push a button that wipes out half of the politically correct.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.