Karine
A change is coming

Re: Sarah Admits to Low Tix Sales

Post by Karine » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:29 pm

From the Calgary Herald:
Laid-Back Lilith At No Loss For Lustre

Ticket sales point to robust event

Calgary Herald June 28, 2010

Rumours of Lilith's demise appear to have been greatly exaggerated.

With early estimates of ticket sales at 9,000, of a capacity of 11,000 at McMahon Stadium on Sunday, critics predicting a short life for the festival were left with little ammunition, writes the Herald's Eric Volmers.

Those earlier criticisms sparked an angry reaction from event founder Sarah McLachlan. "There's a lot of idiots out there with a lot of stupid opinions," she said.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... z0sA6P1nsn
Karine

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm

YAY! Great news, Karine. I went to the websit to check it out and found this other article:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news ... 9_st_N.htm

Here is an excerpt:

CALGARY — The forecast for Lilith 2010 had been gloomy, with reports of low ticket sales and canceled dates casting a dark cloud over the female-centric festival captained by Canadian songbird Sarah McLachlan.

But the weather at the tour's kickoff on Sunday gave concert organizers a reason to smile. Approximately 9,000 Lilith fans, a predominantly female group ranging from twentysomethings in sundresses and gladiator sandals to seniors in capris and comfortable shoes arrived at the gates of McMahon Stadium, an open-air venue on the west side of the city, to sunny blue skies.

I'm happy! :lol:
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:44 am

That's great news! Seems like Lilith is doing fine contrary to some bad news floating around. I really wish this 'Lilith is tanking' nonsense would stop, assuming they're just rumors. McBride and Norah's camp as well should make a public statement.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...