Advocate Feature Article on Lilith Reveals Future Plans

The topic for all things Lilith Fair
ArtistLike

Advocate Feature Article on Lilith Reveals Future Plans

Post by ArtistLike » Fri May 07, 2010 7:59 pm

I was fortunate enough to interview Sarah McLachlan and Nettwerk CEO Terry McBride for the Advocate, the world's leading LGBT news source. Sarah discussed her new album (she compares it to "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy") and she and Terry give new details about the future plans for Lilith Fair...it WON'T just be three years!

Read the article here: http://advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainm ... lith_Fair/

ecstasythrumusic
Building A Mystery

Re: Advocate Feature Article on Lilith Reveals Future Plans

Post by ecstasythrumusic » Sat May 08, 2010 4:56 pm

I thought the article was very interesting. It made think about a few things. One was how Sarah compares Illusion to Fumbling. Maybe Loving You is easy is like Ice Cream. I love Fumbling and kind of wish she would go back to that sound. In my opinion that album had a very unique sound. Secondly now that Ash is no longer her drummer, who replaces him. Who is in her band is now?Is it comprised of Luke, Brian, David and Vince?I wonder who played on Easy.I am kind of disappointed that there won't be a long solo show but with her children I understand why.

As a gay women I felt that Sarah does value her gay audience and doesn't see us as needing a label. She doesn't seem to take that section of her audience for granted. I want to refute the claim that Keisha is the new Christina. There are so many differences between them both, Christina's voice for one. I think its going to be a huge undertaking to get Lilith to the place where they envision it to be by say 2015. I guess we will have to wait and see.I've read on one message board for another artist on the tour, fans have complained about the price of tickets and the slow roll out of ticket sales and line-ups. I see nothing but success for the festival.

I enjoyed reading the article.
To fall so deep into you
Lose myself completely
In your sweet embrace
All my pains erased

And your mouth is all that I wish
Mercy of your lips
Just one kiss
Until I can breathe again
Until I can sing again

‘Cause I'm a trainwreck
Waiting to happen