After Sunset - 1992 live album (UK/Europe release?)

Talk about Sarah's music
Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: After Sunset - 1992 live album (UK/Europe release?)

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:26 am

I got my "After Sunset" from Amazon-UK yesterday. It's first class! :D For you Solace and Touch-era fans, you should get this. It has the wonderful sound Sarah had at that time with the excellent touring band she had then, also. It is broadcast quality throughout, and some of the mixes are a little different from those on the other other 2 recordings from that part of the Solace tour, Hi in the Middle and the concert in Seattle a couple of weeks after this one, both available elsewhere on this site.

She had a startling level of passion then, that was subtly different from later in her career. Several of these songs she sang with an intensity that is really "hair-raising" and very moving. Each of the CDs has the cover picture of Sarah on it. There was quite a bit of cutting up on Steaming, which got some good laughs from the audience. They were certainly having a lot of fun with it. :lol:

Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:49 pm

I saw this earlier in the year and I thought it was a bootleg copy and hence overlooked it. I was searching for record/CD shops in Boston because I knew that I was going there and wanted to see if there was anything there that I couldn't get in the UK. If it is an "official" CD I may buy a copy because I really like that era in Sarah's musical life.

Q

PS Never found anything in Boston, Very few shops now selling CD's Barnes and Noble's prices were silly!

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Quincy wrote:I saw this earlier in the year and I thought it was a bootleg copy and hence overlooked it. I was searching for record/CD shops in Boston because I knew that I was going there and wanted to see if there was anything there that I couldn't get in the UK. If it is an "official" CD I may buy a copy because I really like that era in Sarah's musical life.

Q

PS Never found anything in Boston, Very few shops now selling CD's Barnes and Noble's prices were silly!
Well, of course it is a bootleg, Quincy. I suspected this and Ellen confirmed it. So you can get the entire recording from her if you want it. We traded links to this one, which I ripped after I got it, so we could compare them. This is the page Ellen has for it (prior to the CD issue):

http://www.solaced.info/bootleg-archive ... playhouse/

I had looked to see if it was in her list, but missed it, not putting the "Charles Playhouse" together with Boston at the time. Duh! I wrote Amazon UK a nastygram complaining about their use of an illegal recording to sell, but never heard anything from them. It is a top-quality recording, though, and worth having in your collection. Just don't patronize Amazon for it.

I'll be happy send you a link to my CD files if you want it. Just PM me about it.

Happy Holidays!
Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:12 am

Islandflyer wrote:
Quincy wrote:I saw this earlier in the year and I thought it was a bootleg copy and hence overlooked it. I was searching for record/CD shops in Boston because I knew that I was going there and wanted to see if there was anything there that I couldn't get in the UK. If it is an "official" CD I may buy a copy because I really like that era in Sarah's musical life.

Q

Well, of course it is a bootleg, Quincy. I suspected this and Ellen confirmed it. So you can get the entire recording from her if you want it. We traded links to this one, which I ripped after I got it, so we could compare them. This is the page Ellen has for it (prior to the CD issue):

http://www.solaced.info/bootleg-archive ... playhouse/

I had looked to see if it was in her list, but missed it, not putting the "Charles Playhouse" together with Boston at the time. Duh! I wrote Amazon UK a nastygram complaining about their use of an illegal recording to sell, but never heard anything from them. It is a top-quality recording, though, and worth having in your collection. Just don't patronize Amazon for it.

I'll be happy send you a link to my CD files if you want it. Just PM me about it.

Happy Holidays!
If it is a bootleg, then there are a lot of people selling it! You can download it from 7digital now! Surely if it was illegal it would have been pulled by now?? Have you written to "The great American Broadcast Company"?
I downloaded the Charles Playhouse concert several years ago, but I think it was lost when my Son cleared some of "His" music of my computer. I'll have another look.

Q

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Quincy,

I complained to Amazon.UK about it, but never got a response. So apparently nobody cares about the issue. Maybe someone should tell Sarah about it. I suspect "The Great American Broadcast Company" is bogus. I couldn't find anything about it with an internet search last year. So buyer beware!

Ed
Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi Ed,
Considering that Uberbelly and the young lady who ran the previous Sarah website, (Can't remember her name now....old age gets you like that!) received "Cease and desist" letters from Sarah's solicitors regarding her music/intellectual copyright on the old website, then it begger's belief that this has gone unnoticed.
Any company selling goods which the know, or think, are counterfeit then they are legally obliged to stop. This may be different in the US/Canada, but, if the FBI are sanctimonious enough to jump in and tackle FIFA (pun intended!) regarding wrongdoings, then they should, at the very least, point some official body in the direction of "After Sunset".

I'm climbing down off my not very high soapbox now!

Q