NEW ALBUM NEXT YEAR??

Talk about Sarah's music
TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Re: NEW ALBUM NEXT YEAR??

Post by TheSquirrel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:20 pm

"Better Than The Last One," a more sensible "The Other Side," or maybe "The Other Side And Beyond."

It's good she's writing with other people. She needs some sort of inspiration to get through writer's block, and promote some kind of artistic inspiration. I shall be amazed if it's any good to these ears.

I used to play her music nearly every day. I've played LOI about ten times, and it doesn't sound any better than on the third hearing. It's the only McLachlan album that doesn't seem to have extra layers and improve the more you hear it.

I have no illusions myself of her being anything than a past talent. Even the idea of a new album doesn't fill me with the excitement it used to. Maybe that's age, but maybe it's good the expectation is really low, so she may surprise me, and a number of other not so loyal fans.

One thing that would get me excited is a European tour, but I can't see that being an economically sensible thing to do. She may do what other artists are doing more of nowadays, and that's play a few acoustic dates. It requires very little outlay, and promotes an album without the cost of a band and all the equipment.

If it's half as good as Kate Miller-Heidke's "Nightflight" it would be a pleasant surprise. The thing about Nightflight is, that every track has a different sound and personality. It doesn't sound mass produced. I think McLachlan needs to get away from that "sound" she has evolved over the last ten years, and get back to a bit more inspiration. I guess if you're struggling through writer's block, and feel pressured to produce material, that's hard to do. A constipated goose waiting for that golden egg.

The same old production and arrangement needs to change. It's like a cluttered house; you need to see what's there. Whatever the songs are, they need room to breathe. The minute that same old sound and production kicks in, a number of us will switch off, thinking here we go again, the same old stuff, but it might be a great song.

Things need to change; she may be comfy, but she needs the adulation and applause the same as any artist. Money and acclaim are the reasons they're in the business to start with, so maybe ego is a good thing; it may get her going. Our best hope is she still feels she has something to prove.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi everybody, :D

It's been a while since I was last here, so, a quick update with the "new" album. What's the latest? Is it 2012 or 2013? Whose the producer, Not PM I hope? Nothing against him but she needs to change track and try something new, (Go on I'll say it....Reinvent herself!!). She took the plunge when dropping Nettwerk, so take the next step. Any hints on what it'll sound like, any soundbites out there?? What about video's (or, should I say DVD's). What about the orchestral tours, anything from that??
I can go on foreever asking so let me have an update.

Q

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:00 pm

New album in 2013. The whole orchestra thing was a good and new addition to her already long and great career. I would think that she will pursue that avenue more in the future. Some stops with different promotional adventures still in the mix. She still looks great and her voice is solid still. We are all waiting for that album and so small talk is the only thing that we have for now. Good to see you back. :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 am

I remember reading that she wanted to work with a new producer for her next album (or with Pierre for some songs and with someone else for the other songs), but I can't find where I saw that...
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:34 am

Karine, I thought I read that somewhere as well. Hopefully with the next record, new management (Mick Mgmt) means new producer.. I actually don't mind if Pierre produced some songs( not the whole album). And hopefully we get more songs like Awakenings, Love Come, Rivers of Love :)

and @Quincy, she never dropped Nettwerk, just Terry McBride ;)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

I hope she will make a great video to promote her first single, because the one for "Loving You Is Easy" is, well, a bit boring. :roll:
Her last good video was for "U Want Me 2". There was a story and it was related to the song (same with Fallen, World On Fire and Stupid, for Afterglow).
Karine

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 am

This is great news, and I really hope she'd reinvent herself this time! :D
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:10 pm

So, anybody know when this new album is out??

Q

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:22 pm

No!! :( She wrote on Facebook that she worked with P. Marchand in the studio, but that she's also writing, so I guess the songs are not all completely done.
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:41 pm

At the back end of 2016, I thought that I read an article that SMcL was in the process of writing for a new album.
I tried to find that article again, but with no luck.
Question; was I imagining this, or has anybody heard, or seen this snippet of news?

Quincy