Drifting

Re: NEW ALBUM NEXT YEAR??

Post by Empirejim » Tue May 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Interesting comment. :)

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 am

I personally think her last few albums have been really good.

No, they haven't sold well, but I am a huge fan of the Afterglow/Wintersong/LOI Trilogy. I think she was at her best, songwriting wise, during that period.

I dunno, I just don't feel that Sarah has "lost it." I feel that she has grown as an artist, and is in a comfort zone, making comfortable music...nothing wrong with that. Not every song has to be groundbreaking. She's not Michael Jackson!

And as far as doubletracking vocals...plenty of artists do it. If you've got a good voice, you can make something beautiful just using your own voice. I'd rather hear Sarah than some crappy background singer. :P

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:28 am

RiverOfLove wrote:I feel that she has grown as an artist, and is in a comfort zone, making comfortable music...nothing wrong with that.
You pretty much nailed it with that comment. I've been listening a lot lately to Love Come and there is this moment when I told myself "hey, that's pretty damn good!" I guess I'm in the process of finally letting go of that I-want-another-FTE-or-something phase...
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:11 pm

"love come" is a great song both musically and lyrically. i'm really glad she added the piano version at the end of the record. i loved the mixing of the piano, strings, and cello. perfect.
fumbling...

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:36 am

I truely appreciate Afterglow now that it's almost 8 years old. I think it's a beautiful record. I love both new and old Sarah. I liked LoI because it was different and I think it does stand out quite a bit. I think it's a great mix of all of her albums and even more, even though there's a few downers on the album. They're not my favorites but I can't ignore them. I don't want a sequel to FTE, but I do wish Sarah would get a bit edgier again. I think that's what everyone expected with Loi since it's the "divorce record." She totally turned the tables on us. ;)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:48 pm

i enjoyed LOI but was disappointed with how it was presented (to me, it seemed sarah appeared and then quickly disappeared)... i was hoping for more staying power, much like "afterglow" with several videos, live releases, iTunes originals, double tour, etc. i think things would have been different if her record company pushed promotion. i'm bummed the lilith tour fizzled to the point that some cities/states were left out but i'm glad people enjoyed the shows, it seemed like a lot of fun... i'm still hoping that a live DVD/CD set will be released but as time moves forward, the chances are becoming slimmer since we've already passed the one-year LOI anniversary.

i'm hoping this new record (whenever it does come to light) goes down a different road on the PR front. musically, i'm okay with whatever she does, i'm with caleb, i like both old and new sarah.
fumbling...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 am

chadwick wrote:i was hoping for more staying power, much like "afterglow" with several videos
[...]
i'm hoping this new record (whenever it does come to light) goes down a different road on the PR front. musically, i'm okay with whatever she does, i'm with caleb, i like both old and new sarah.
I totally agree with that! She made only one video, for LYIE (and to me, it was not her best... :? A video for "Forgiveness" would have been great!)
I also hope that her new management team will work hard to promote her. At least, we see a lot more updates on Facebook and Twitter and this is something different.
Karine

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:56 pm

sarah seems to be doing a lot of collaborations with ballets, orchestras, etc. that i can't keep up.

so is sarah performing alongside a symphony/orchestra soon? if so that is very exciting! tori amos did this back in the fall with the metropole orchestra and it was wonderful; the show was eventually broadcast on the web and there is word that her second greatest hits collection will feature the orchestra again... which is a nice change rather than have a duplicate of the same studio recordings. sarah should follow... i'm thinking songs like full of grace, sad clown, black, home, shelter, love come, possession, dirty little secret would sound great with a backing orchestra with sarah at the piano of course.
fumbling...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:42 am

From Sarah's Twitter account:
Oct 21
@SarahMcLachlan will you becoming out with some new music soon????
@kelsayz Yes Kelly - writing now for a new release next year.
:D :D
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:12 pm

I'd like to see a DVD or CD of her Sarah and friends tour out soon. In fact, we ALL are waiting for that right now.