Your Best Sarah Album

Talk about Sarah's music
WolfmanJack

Your Best Sarah Album

Post by WolfmanJack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:02 pm

In regards to all her material, what is your best album and your best song from it? My best is F.T.E. and with the song Fear. I think that when this album came out, all her energy was just pulled together and this made for this super album. This girl has alot of energy and she will not quit. God bless her.

Miguel

Re: Your Best Sarah Album

Post by Miguel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 am

It's a toss up between Solace and Fumbling, but I'll go with Solace at the moment.

Solace is the most raw (musically and vocally) she has ever sounded IMO, and I really, really love that. She was at the point where she was 'leaving' the past (Touch) and finding her voice (FTE and onward). It also includes my favorite Sarah song ever, I Will Not Forget You :)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 am

It depends on the day, the phase I'm living at the moment. These days I'm between FTE and Afterglow, the songs I love are Wait, Plenty, Elsewhere, Hold On, Fallen, Stupid and Train Wreck. It's so difficult, well impossible, for me to choose only one....
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 am

i like surfacing and mirrorball

the songs on both of them helped me threw a really rough time and sarah was here to save me!!! what she was singning made perfect sense to what was happening.

:D

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 am

I've been favoring Afterglow for the past couple of months. The album would be absolutely perfect if Push was excluded and another song was added.

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Touch is my all-time favorite Sarah album. Steaming is the best song she ever wrote IMHO. It's up there among my top ten albums of all time which includes Kate Bush's The Kick Inside, Jeff Buckley's Grace, and Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes. It is a masterpiece and I listen to it more than any of her other albums. I can't really describe how much I connect with Touch, it's Sarah at the height of her artistry. Touch is simply high art. Solace is my next favorite Sarah album. :)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 pm

jessiemonkey wrote:the songs on both of them helped me threw a really rough time and sarah was here to save me!!!
I remember when I was going through a really tough (totally screwed-up is probably the more accurate description) situation way back in college and Sarah sort of "saved" me too. Songs like Sad Clown, Shelter, and Elsewhere have done that job pretty well! :)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 am

Jessel wrote:
jessiemonkey wrote:the songs on both of them helped me threw a really rough time and sarah was here to save me!!!
I remember when I was going through a really tough (totally screwed-up is probably the more accurate description) situation way back in college and Sarah sort of "saved" me too. Songs like Sad Clown, Shelter, and Elsewhere have done that job pretty well! :)
Some days ago someone said me that Sarah's songs are too depressing. Well, I think I'm a little suspect because I really love sad songs, I love to write sad songs and maybe that's why I'm so connected to Sarah, their songs can always relate to something I'm living or have already lived. The thing is that their songs make me feel better, they keep on saving me through the years, making me feel more normal, felling that at least someone feels like me. So I can say that she and her songs make me want to go on when I'm really down.
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm

My favorite album is Surfacing, with "Sweet Surrender". I just love it!
Fumbling Towards Ecstasy comes close!
I hope her next album will be good: I'm always expecting great songs!
Still a few months: I hope it'll be worth the wait!
Karine

ecstasythrumusic
Building A Mystery

Post by ecstasythrumusic » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 am

Hands down for me its Fumbling. I too love sad depressing songs because most times I can identify with them more.
To fall so deep into you
Lose myself completely
In your sweet embrace
All my pains erased

And your mouth is all that I wish
Mercy of your lips
Just one kiss
Until I can breathe again
Until I can sing again

‘Cause I'm a trainwreck
Waiting to happen
Waiting for someone to come