Building A Mystery

Re: Your Best Sarah Album

Post by kellyj » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:43 am

Fumbling Towards Ecstacy

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:36 pm

biancadantas wrote: So I can say that she and her songs make me want to go on when I'm really down.
I totally agree. It's funny how Sarah doesn't make feel down, quite the opposite really. Call me crazy but I've always felt hopeful rather than depressed whenever I listen to her.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

kellyj
Building A Mystery

Post by kellyj » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:22 am

Earlier in the posts I chose Fumbling Towards Ecstacy, but now I am listening to surfacing alot.

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:30 pm

No, Wolfman's got it right. It's FTE. Both the album and the track. And as Jessel has said "Possesion" on the piano is the pinacle of her achievement.

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 pm

WolfmanJack wrote: My best is F.T.E. and with the song Fear. .
Mine would be that too. I think the music in Fear is mindblowing and quite unlike anything I've heard before in my life. Really greatest album of all time if you ask me because it is simply perfection in every department.

EarthlyHeavens

Post by EarthlyHeavens » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:42 am

I think that the best Sarah Mclachlan album is FTE, both lyrically and musically. BUT my favourite album is Touch. It's a beautiful album with an etheral mood. The songs flow and make as drift in to a heaven-like state. Out of the Shadows one of Sarah's most beautifuly written songs. Vox has the best beat out of any of her other songs she's ever written. Ben's Song is amongst the saddest songs I've ever heard and she sings in so hauntingly. This album has so much to offer the listener, too bad it's Sarah's most underrated album.
I’ll be using all my power so I can reach you
Don’t give up on us

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:17 pm

before i picked surfacing...

recently ive been loving afterglow.. i love it so much.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:40 am

EarthlyHeavens wrote:I think that the best Sarah Mclachlan album is FTE, both lyrically and musically. BUT my favourite album is Touch. It's a beautiful album with an etheral mood. The songs flow and make as drift in to a heaven-like state. Out of the Shadows one of Sarah's most beautifuly written songs. Vox has the best beat out of any of her other songs she's ever written. Ben's Song is amongst the saddest songs I've ever heard and she sings in so hauntingly. This album has so much to offer the listener, too bad it's Sarah's most underrated album.
Well said! Touch is my favorite too and it's one of my desert island CDs. It's criminally underrated compared to her other albums, and the fact that Sarah doesn't want to revisit that stage in her career doesn't help. I agree with what you said about the ethereal quality of the album: well, being highly influenced by 2 musical prodigies (Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush) at the time, we can only expect high art. ;)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

OzFumbler

Post by OzFumbler » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 am

ALBUM: Mirrorball (Complete Concert) there's just so much oomph to these versions!!
SONG: Awakenings - mindblowingly cool - and it rocks! :mrgreen: