Rarities. B-Sides

Talk about Sarah's music
jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Re: Rarities. B-Sides

Post by jessiemonkey » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Danyy wrote:
Empirejim wrote:It is to my understanding that most of you own these two Rarities CD's. Is there anyone out there that does not.
Well, sadly, I don't :(

i can burn you them danyy if you want and send them to you. (i dont know how to send albums over the internet lol) so feel free to jump in anyone if you want to do it that way lol :)

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri May 21, 2010 1:52 pm

jessiemonkey wrote:
Danyy wrote:
Empirejim wrote: (i dont know how to send albums over the internet lol)
I use "www.allCDcovers.com" They seem to have most things.

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Fri May 21, 2010 5:42 pm

jessiemonkey wrote:
Danyy wrote:
Empirejim wrote:It is to my understanding that most of you own these two Rarities CD's. Is there anyone out there that does not.
Well, sadly, I don't :(

i can burn you them danyy if you want and send them to you. (i dont know how to send albums over the internet lol) so feel free to jump in anyone if you want to do it that way lol :)
Thank you so much Jessie, you're lovely, but I would really like to purchase the originals (although it's so hard finding Sarah stuff here in Portugal I still have faith :) ) :D
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Fri May 21, 2010 6:45 pm

danyy, have you tried any online sites like amazon or ebay?

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Sat May 22, 2010 2:55 pm

jessiemonkey wrote:danyy, have you tried any online sites like amazon or ebay?
Yeah, I've browsed through them, but I've never ordered anything...I've been tempted though, there's a lot of music I like and it's really hard (if not impossible) to find in here :?
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:12 am

biancadantas wrote:Dear God is a song that really exposes how Sarah can express so much feelings with his voice. I really love how she sounds angry at the end of the song and it's worth to mention how she felt drained when she finished recording it, as she said in an interview. I really think singing is the best way to let feelings flow....
Dear God is one of the songs by Sarah that amaze me. I listen to that song, and every time I am completely blown away.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:51 am

If Sarah were to released a B-Sides Vol 3, these songs will probably be in it
(unless Wintersong 2 is in the works for the future which is highly likely)***

One Dream
Find Your Voice***
Space on the Couch for 2 ***
Wintersong (with the Canadian Tenors) ***
What's It Gonna Take
Walkin' Good (with Heart)

any others I missed?
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:02 am

Miguel wrote:If Sarah were to released a B-Sides Vol 3, these songs will probably be in it

One Dream
Find Your Voice***
What's It Gonna Take

any others I missed?
I'd suggest Captive, Forever Someday and The Waiting; as early unreleased songs that are really very good. I'm quite impressed with them, and thanks to Ellie for sending the MP3s of them, and some others as well. Of course, I realize that's not too likely, but other artists have done it. Best of all, I think, would be Madness. Anybody know anything about this one? Is she singing in Gaelic at the end, for instance?
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:59 am

Islandflyer wrote:
Miguel wrote:If Sarah were to released a B-Sides Vol 3, these songs will probably be in it

One Dream
Find Your Voice***
What's It Gonna Take

any others I missed?
I'd suggest Captive, Forever Someday and The Waiting; as early unreleased songs that are really very good. I'm quite impressed with them, and thanks to Ellie for sending the MP3s of them, and some others as well. Of course, I realize that's not too likely, but other artists have done it. Best of all, I think, would be Madness. Anybody know anything about this one? Is she singing in Gaelic at the end, for instance?
I would be very surprised if she sings in Gaelic. Sarah knows a little bit of French, but Gaelic :? . I have three tracks called "Madness". On two of them ("solo version" and "jam"), she only does some "la la la". One the second one ("monster jam mono"), she sings in English. Do you hear something else?
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:04 am

The last verses in that song didn't sound like English or French to me, Karine, but maybe I'm just not catching it. Didn't sound like "la,la,la" either. :D It seems clearest in the “solo” version. I seem to hear words and phrasing, with some “ee” and “ah ah” at the end of each verse. The tempo and rising and falling of her inflection sounds more Gaelic to me, but I'm just guessing, of course. Growing up in Halifax, it would seem she might have heard a lot of this music.

Having just read the collection of short stories called “Island” by your fellow Canadian Alistair McLeod recently, I was thinking along that line since several of his stories concerned Gaelic singers or the language. So guilt by association, I suppose. :) Or maybe listening to a lot of Enya lately.

Anyway, I really like those early songs. It's an interesting side to her writing. Do you know if she ever discussed what became of them in an interview?
Ed