Rarities. B-Sides

Talk about Sarah's music
WolfmanJack

Rarities. B-Sides

Post by WolfmanJack » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:00 pm

We all enjoyed the many sides of Sarah through her albums of time and yet, we fail to reconize other achievements that were hers in the above said albums. Songs like River, even though not hers, she did put a special identity on it and made it her signature. Also, When She Loved Me, little known to many or just a song that comments were of silent voices. Dear God, a good song with a message that can be read in different ways. Full of Grace, one of my personal favorites, also a powerful Sarah song sung with emotion and heart.

Miguel

Re: Rarities. B-Sides

Post by Miguel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:29 am

I think Full of Grace was the real treasure on the album back then. I think it lost its value as a true rarity once it was put on Surfacing.

The album had a little too many remixes. Possession shouldn't have been included as it was issued on the Remixed album a couple years later.

Wolfman, did you ever get to listen to What Lies Beyond? This is one of the tracks they should've included in the first volume. It's the most rare out of any of the other releases, along with the live version of Steaming from CBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mdvnqoenGc

I suppose WLB won't be put on a Sarah compilation CD unless they [Nettwerk, not Arista/Sony] make some sort of huge Sarah box set 20 years from now.
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:46 am

What Lies Beyond! Aaaah! Oh, how I love that track. :)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

WolfmanJack

Post by WolfmanJack » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:42 pm

I am stunned again. Thanks Miguel for telling me about What Lies Beyond. I never heard it as this is the first time I've had it mentioned to me. Now I'm wondering if there are more that I don't know about. Your a good researcher. :o

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:15 pm

No need to thank me :D I found about this song online a couple of years ago as well ( thank the interwebz )

If you want the track check Ellen's website, it's there for download under Other Stuff/Multimedia ;)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 pm

"what lies beyond" is a good song... it's been a while since i listened to it. i wonder why it got kicked off "touch?"

my first exposure to "full of grace" was on "surfacing" so i'm glad it was there because i think it was the song that cemented me as a fan since "surfacing" was my first record.
fumbling...

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 pm

i always go back to these cd's after some time and i always end up liking a song i didnt really like or pay that much attention to before, in this case its "dear god" im like in love with it right now hahaha :D

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 pm

Dear God is a song that really exposes how Sarah can express so much feelings with his voice. I really love how she sounds angry at the end of the song and it's worth to mention how she felt drained when she finished recording it, as she said in an interview. I really think singing is the best way to let feelings flow....
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:29 pm

biancadantas wrote:Dear God is a song that really exposes how Sarah can express so much feelings with his voice. I really love how she sounds angry at the end of the song and it's worth to mention how she felt drained when she finished recording it, as she said in an interview. I really think singing is the best way to let feelings flow....

def. is the best way to let feelings out :)

i love how she sounds angry, it makes it so much better like being able to tell shes putting all of her feelings in there and not holding back :D

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Don't forget the Mk I version of "Full of grace" which was "Fall from grace". Subtly different but she sings in the past tense rather than the present tense with Full of grace...I think I've got that the right way round. I'll have to check.
Raraties vol 1 was much better than raraties vol 2. Yes there are some good songs on vol 2...but there are some real lemons as well. I just felt that she was a sessions singer on her own album. There are several better unissued songs that would have been a much better choice. Own goal with that one Nettwerk!!